family            family            family            family

Out in the Open...

January 22, 2011

So I told my husband about this blog tonight....

I started to make it sound like I had done something very bad.  "I have a confession, and I don't want you to be mad at me."  His look said it all, he was trying to figure out what I could have done.

Once I told him about the blog, and assured him our privacy was my number one priority...he seemed okay with it, and said he was looking forward to reading it....

Oh God, did I write something bad about him?  I mean...he knows I have a higher than usual standard on proper towel folding...and he knows he really doesn't fold many towels.

What about complaining about his road games?  I think it is good for him to know how hard I work while he is gone...maybe now he will have more of an appreciation for me.  I know he appreciates me, but maybe he will have a sparkly diamond kind of appreciation!!...or a Canon t2i camera appreciation!!

But I think what he will learn when he reads this is that I may complain, and I may poke fun of him.....but I LOVE HIM, and that is all that really matters. (But the diamond and/or camera would be great too!)

My question tonight is....Does your husband read your blog on a daily basis?


****UPDATE:  My husband read my blog.  I sat there with him showing him how to navigate the site...must I do everything?  (Just kidding honey, I know I was just being a control freak...as usual)..  Anyhow, I am not too sure of his thoughts.  There were a few laughs, a few sighs, and a lot of silence!  In the end, I got a kiss on my forehead and a few words of advice..."Just don't cross any lines." So...I think that means I will still be anonymous, and the hockey masks must stay!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband reads my blog (not on a regular basis - only when I tell him he has too). He doesn't find me nearly as funny as I find myself, but he thinks I am a better writer than I give myself credit for so I guess that's good. I like the hockey masks - even if you didn't care about being anonymous, it gives your blog a 'trademark' of sorts.

Calla said...

My husband reads my blog. Not on a daily basis, but he makes sure to go back and "catch up". I don't let him do it right in front of me though, I feel too weird when he does that! (not sure why... haha)

Laura said...

Aww.. i'm glad you told him :) atleast that way you don't have to worry about telling him! haha. I'm sure he likes it... and yes, sparkly diamond/canon camera is a great way to show his appreciation hehehe... my fiance didn't care at first.. and didn't always read it.. then all the sudden i started getting sooo many hits over sweden.. that he was more curious into what i was writing.. (obvi nothing crossing the line.. just life and my way of connecting w/ friends from over here).. but he reads it everytime i post now.. :)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

The hubs is my proof-reader for most of my posts. So he reads most of them. It makes sense though, I am his number one fan and he is mine :) (Soo barf worthy but true!)

Hockey Wife said...

My husband knows that my blog exists but I doubt he has ever read it. Now and again, I'll run something hockey-related by him to make sure I'm not screwing up the terminology but that's about it. He asks how blogging is going every so often but he's not involved.

Heather (The Menu Mama) said...

My husband often reads my blog when he is out of town, particularly if I post pics of the kids. When he is in town he occasionally peeks over my shoulder when I am typing.

I remember when I first started my blog and being nervous when he first read it, asking him if he thought my jokes were funny, etc. I'm sure your hubby loves your blog!