family            family            family            family

Mama needs a break...again!

September 14, 2011

 It's time to bring back my post titled "MAMA NEEDS A BREAK"
This was a post I did last year...you can view the post by clicking here.  

In the past two weeks, I have closed up our cottage and returned to Canada for the hockey season...moved into a new home, emptied all of our belongings from a storage unit we have had for the last two years, unpacked said items from storage into the above mentioned new house, enrolled two children into a new school...all while my husband has mostly been away at Rookie camp.  But who am I to complain...
(if you read my last three posts, you will know that I don't complain at airports....but I never said I didn't complain about moving every hockey season!)

THIS WEEK...

I may have jumped to the conclusion that my children's sniffles were not caused by a small "back-to-school" cold...I assumed they were seasonal allergies and gave each child the recommended dose of Benadryl an hour before their bedtime. 
        SLEEP TIGHT!

THIS WEEK...

I caught my son drawing on his arm with markers.  For a split second I almost didn't stop him because it would have interrupted the peace and quiet.  It is funny how quiet kids get when they are being naughty!

THIS WEEK...

I told my daughter she could lie in bed and watch a TV show on her iPod...if she would read her brother his bedtime stories for the night...
I stayed downstairs and ate a bowl of Cookie Crisp!

Now it is your turn...have you needed a break this week? (or maybe you just need an idea to blog about)...Go ahead and grab this picture for your post!


Hockey Wife Tales

Be sure to leave a comment so I can read your posts...Maybe I won't feel like such a bad mom if I see that I am not the only one looking for a little break any place I can find one!

6 comments:

april said...

Ha!  Just a side note for the allergies (I SWEAR TO YOU) that this works.  Go to a Farmer's Market or fruit stand, etc and buy LOCAL HONEY.  It must be from your region or at least your province/territory/state and take 1-2 spoonfuls a day.  Your allergies will go away.  I never believed it until this year.  Kanin has been on Zyrtec since a baby, Scott had prescription allergy meds and this year I bought some honey and made everyone start taking it and we have had 0 allergy attacks.  No nebulizer for Caleb, no inhaler for Grace.  NOTHING!

Ginger said...

WoW!  You're busy....I feel a LITTLE (not lots) guilty when I tell people I'm busy now becuase I haven't done 1/2 as much as you! LOL!

Tak a break Mama! :)

Kim Marie said...

I don't know if I'll post about needing a break as I ALWAYS need a break as a mom.  But I hear ya sista!  I get mine in the car usually and have to turn my phone off or hide in the closet.  The things us mom's do for a little quiet time to ourselves...

Stasia said...

I don't have a picture but I love your posts (even if the last ones made me cry).  I have resorted to locking myself in the bathroom, I am forever doing laundry (pantry of is in the laundry room - where did all the oreos go?) and going to the grocery store by myself is HEAVEN.  I love my kids and husband but sometimes........

Virginia said...

I'm going to try this! Both of my children look like they have black eyes - the Dr said they are "allergy shiners".

Jessica said...

I'm not a mom but I just cracked up thinking about you eating a bowl of cookie crisps while your kids are upstairs reading to each other. Good for you!